Ever happened to you that you accidentally deleted (with SHIFT+DEL key) some of your important files OR may be you deleted some your files to hide it from your parents like PORN and you are truly desperate to get it back (well maybe because it gave you the most awesome orgasm ever). Well don’t get disappointed because there is a way to recover those deleted files. There is an amazing free file recovery software called Recuva which can recover your permanently deleted files from your PC . You can download it from here.
HOW DOES THIS FILE RECOVERY SOFTWARE WORK
When a file is deleted from your computer, its contents aren’t immediately destroyed. Windows simply marks that hard drive space as unimportant and makes that space available for other files and you just can’t see that file anymore. Windows does not overwrite that space until all of the remaining unused space is consumed.
Recuva simply marks that file important again. Therefore you should be lucky enough to recover your file before Windows overwrites that part of hard disk with new files.
HOW TO USE RECUVA
You can watch how i use this file recovery software Recuva but if you want more detailed instructions like what is deep scan and what do green and red dots represent, i will highly recommend reading the article below the video.
Download and install recuva and then open it.
- You will get something like this :-
Choose the type of file you want recover and click Next.
- Now choose the specific local hard drive. Do not choose any folder like “C:\program files” even if your file was in that folder because it mostly doesn’t work like that . Simply choose “c” drive in that case.
NOTE : – You can even use this tool to recover your files from your Flashdrive, external hard drive, memory cards, rewritable CDs/DVDs.
- You will get option to enable deep scan. Deep scan can even recover some your files that were deleted many years ago provided it has not been overwritten too many times. Although deep scan will take too much time but the results will be awesome. So it depends on you whether to enable it or not.
- Files in the green color indicates that they can be recovered while that in the red ones indicates that it has been overwritten too many times and it cannot be recovered.
- That’s it. Just tick the files and click on Recover.
NOTE: Do note recover the file to it’s original location because that would reduce the chance of a successful recovery.
Let me know if this work for you! Cheers!
If you’re into hackstories, sign up for the hackstories email list and we’ll send you the new posts right when they come out. It’s a very unannoying list, don’t worry.
and yeah don’t forget to….